Thread: Do you give your real details?!

Senior Member Active TF Member

Do you give your real details?!

When you're signing up for freebies do you enter all of your details correctly? I never do!!! I never give out my correct date of birth and normally make deliberate silly spelling mistakes on my name / address (although not enough to stop them getting to me ).

I just don't see why they need my birthday to send me a sample of perfume (except to know I'm over 18 maybe??). I also think if someone gets hold of my details and sends me something dodgy at least I'll see the spelling error and suspect it to be dodgy from the start!!!

i got to say it depends on the site tbh. if it's one i know i might use quite often then i will but if something random then i more than likely won't. Got to agree with the DOB thing though!

Sometimes I feel weird about giving real details-I mean it could be anyone gathering your info!

♥ TF Administrator Active TF Member
    Sometimes your DOB is for things like offers around your birthday ...as silly as it sounds! I got something the other day and Ive forgot and Matalan sent a discount off with happy birthday on! Sometimes Im a bit hmmmm so do a date 'near to' and a years or two infront/behind!

Email address - I have a seperate email address for all my shopping freebies included with google mail so my main email was spam free.

good example of dob and offers on birthdays is this year i got a cute little birthday card and sample from dove
    if they need a phone number its always fake unless its a competition

I do give the right details if it's something that I'm planning on using again, like it's freebie if you sign up for a reward card or something. I think I'd rather get the birthday freebies on a fake birthday day when I haven't got presents anyway!! x

I do unless its a phone number, otherwise i end up getting all sorts of stuipid texts and calls.

Member Active TF Member
    i do not like giving my number out i have a spare active but mainly turned off number and i do not like entering my date of birth

Thread Information